Saturday, September 7, 2013

# 5 - you mean I have to be an expert?

For my informative essay topic, I've been thinking mostly about writing it over my knowledge of Journalism. I'm currently on my second year of the class and feel that I've learned a considerable amount from taking the class last year. Especially since this year I will be having to start enforcing most of the rules of journalism, I believe I have a relatively sound idea of what I'm talking about. My paper would not only discuss the ethics of journalism, but who the most prominent journalists are today and how the process of journalism came into effect (in other words, the history of journalism). Perhaps even researching more on this topic could make me a better writer for the class.

There really aren't any back up ideas at this point. I've thought about writing about the different crafts that I take part in as some of my hobbies. The only problem with this is who really cares about the maneuvers behind quilting? At least with Journalism, other students who may read this will gain insite behind why the class is even needing to be taught at high school. I live a pretty mundane life and there's nothing too special that I do on weekends besides work. By writing about Journalism, I'd be able to apply it back to my life and be able to actually sound like I know what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

  1. Journalism would be a great topic. I'd consider how you can limit the topic somehow. Keep in mind that you only have 1000 wordsish to write this in.

    However, having one of us actually be knowledgeable on journalism would be a good thing. :-)

    I'd say go for it! Research!

    ReplyDelete