Friday, August 23, 2013

#3 - Personal Experiences

    For Personal Narrative Essay, I have already chosen that I would like to write the paper about how my life changed after losing my dad. After the broken feeling subsided, I have to admit that I am a much different person now than I use to be. The world seemed different to me after I lost him, and I didn't feel like anyone could understand what was going on in my head most of the time. Now that months have gone by, I am more comfortable talking about him. I'd like to not only dedicate this portion of writing to him, but to myself and how I have become a stronger person from it. After I lost him, my family had to overcome great hills; everything from finding out how we would afford things with our main source of income gone and how we would emotionally deal with each passing day. I have learned more about myself in the past year than I ever thought I would. I have matured tremendously and have a deep pride for the man he was. I feel that I could write a very strong paper about my experience.
     The only other life experience that I could think that I could write about would be my trip to Washington D.C. after my eighth grade year. That trip was the first time that I ever had to fully take care of myself on my own. It was more difficult than I thought to be away from my parents and my family. The experience opened my eyes to how the world actually functions out of my small town, and I understood how large the United States actually was; the map doesn't do the land justice. By traveling and being constantly on the move, you had to keep yourself organized and prepared at all times. After completeing the trip, I felt more secure that I could overcome any challenges a city could throw at me.
    I would only like to know how long the essay would be.

1 comment:

  1. The essay sounds great. As we've talked about somewhat already, losing your father is something that has obviously had a strong impact on your life. I think it would be a nice dedication to him as well as a way to really reach out to readers about your own experience. There is a lot here for your audience.

    The paper is going to be a minimum 1000 word, I do believe. Some papers are going to end up longer, but that should be ok.

    ReplyDelete