Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Rebirth.

        Completely frustrated with my day thus far, I escaped my world and ventured to where my only enemy was the changing season. With exhaustion, I sat upon the ground and pressed my back against a sturdy grand oak. The grass under my legs still remained richened from the summer, and it was appealingly soft. With each gust of wind, a blanket of leaves would sprout wings and dance to different songs; some songs were quick and wicked while others where soft and pittiful. At one moment where the leaves moved to my agitation, a dead, tan leaf landed upon my folded legs and I swatted it away with annoyance, only to regret the action instantly.
        I sighed and scolded myself for my harshness; nature was my only escape and I should not have punished it. For such a thing, I could only blame myself. How could everything around me be falling apart, crumbling through the floor? And how do I take action for the shit in my life? I attack a defenseless leaf that was only given to me by God.
       Closing my eyes, I allow the sun's warmth to melt the lines of stress from my forehead. I was amazed how in such an unforgiving season, the sun was able to avail and turn my pale skin to a glowing silk.
        The black-winged birds high in the branches above me paid no mind to the wind, nor me, who was now folded, knees to chest, beside their tree. And with a quiet toon, I imaged the dark birds were whispering to me. They spoke with pitty in their cries and desperation and I finally realized how I was suppost to move on.
         I stood and a gale rose so mighty that I momentarily feared it would take me from my place and lift me to heaven. But I stayed sprouted and I allowed the leaves to twine into my hair and the sun to burry itself into the poors of my skin. And my eyelids closed as I basked in a feeling that had been foreign to me for too long.... peacefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment